20 Ways to Clean with White Vinegar
1. To clean floors, I add between 1/2 and 1 cup of vinegar and a squirt of dawn dish detergent and about a 1/4 cup of baking soda to a bucket of hot water.. I also use a clean rag and wash by hand for best clean.
2. Use a spray bottle with 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 warm water to clean counters, stove and sink.
3. Same mixture can also be used to clean and disinfect bathroom.
4. Add vinegar and baking soda to toilet bowl and let sit before scrubbing.
5. Add 1 cup to a tub of water to disinfect kids toys
6. To clean your bathtub.. I saw this one on Pinterest and it works great. warm 1 cup vinegar in microwave for 60-90 seconds. add to 1 cup dawn dish detergent. swirl to mix. add to spray bottle. spray bathtub and let sit for 1 hour. Wipes clean with very little scrubbing
7. Soak sponges and dish rags in a bowl of vinegar overnight to kill germs
8. Clean your greasy stove tops and exhaust fans. Soak sponge or rag in vinegar and wipe off grease.
9. To clean flower vases. Fill with vinegar and let sit, rinse. Add a little salt and shake and repeat for stuck on stains.
10. To clean your coffee machine. Run a pot of vinegar through and repeat with a few pots of water to rinse out.
11. To clean microwave, mix 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water and boil for a few minutes in microwave. This should loosen everything to make wiping clean easy.
12. To clean and deodorize your refrigerator, mix 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 warm water, then clean shelves.
13. Clean windows, with a mixture of 1/2 warm water 1/2 vinegar and a clean dry rag.
14. To clean white water spots on wooden furniture, mix 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 olive or vegetable oil and rub into stain. Buff clean.
15. To clean and deodorize cutting boards, wipe or soak in full strength vinegar.
16. To kill weeds in your sidewalk, pour vinegar over them. repeat as needed
17. To prevent frosty car windows in winter, wipe windshield the night before with 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water and they shouldn't freeze over.
18. As a fabric softener, add 1 cup to rinse cycle
19. To clean your washing machine. Add 1 cup to your washing machine. Agitate then let sit for and hour, then rinse. This cleans and deodorizes the washer.
20. To remove bumper stickers, stickers, and other sticky stuff. Spray with vinegar, let sit, spray again and try to scrape off, spray more as needed.
I add either lemon, orange, or rosemary essential oils to almost all of these cleaners to freshen and also help clean.
Hope these few cleaning ideas help you on your way to a green, clean home for you and your family.