goal

Here on our little hillside, in WV, we try to live a simple life. One where we can try to make the best decisions in regards to what we feed our family, and where we source our foods. We try to make green decision that are not only good for our family but for our community and planet as well. There is no place I would rather raise a family, than these WV hills! So I guess it is our responsibility to preserve them, and our heritage.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

decisions

I made a decision about a decade ago that I would always seek knowledge.  There are a few things in life that I am passionate about and I feel the need to constantly educate myself, to learn more, or to come to a deeper understanding.  I would like to share some thing and hopefully learn some thing along the way

I love science, especially physics!  I love my local waterways (not only for their beauty but for their fishing, swimming and boating opportunities).  I understand and have studies for years the effects of climate change and all the associated issues we are facing.  I believe we are causing these issues and try my best not to leave a footprint.

This is why I do what I do for my family and my earth.  I live a simple life where I try to provide for my family as best I can.  I try to grow as much of our food as possible so I know it is organic.  I try to buy what I can't grow locally.  I buy whole bulk food (beans, rices, pastas).  We volunteer.  We recycle everything,  I try to encourage my family to think about their impact.

I will leave it to Einstein to sum up how I feel...........
"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. "
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. "
Albert Einstein